Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Companion Fried Veggie Shrimp Rolls

I feel like rolls is a bit of a misnomer for these Companion Fried Veggie Shrimp Rolls that I bought at H Mart. These are more like veggie shrimp fingers. We just did them in the toaster oven, and I think that's probably the best way to do them so the breading all around crisps up. Pan frying wouldn't end up even, and deep frying (the suggested method if I recall correctly) would work but it would be pretty greasy. The bread-crumb texture was a little too crispy and thick for my taste, but it does OK at sticking to the roll. (Some chunks fell off during dipping.) The filling part has a bit of a skin around it, and it isn't a solid filling but is still pretty dense textured protein. The overall impression is sort of a very mild fish stick. I thought these were alright, but they didn't wow.



Score: 2.5/5 - A little rubbery, mild flavor, the crispy breading is nice. Probably won't buy these again, not my cup of tea, though I can see how other folks might be into them.

No comments:

Post a Comment