Sunday, June 28, 2015

Chinatown RotiPrata Onion

These Chinatown RotiPrata in Onion flavor were good! They were next to the scallion pancakes in the freezer at H Mart, although I'm not sure we can properly count them as dim sum. I made them to go with a curry. I had the idea to put them on my pizza stone in the oven, and I was pretty impressed at how fluffy and flaky they came out. I think they would have been slightly soggier if pan fried. They did stick to the stone some, I think this could be avoided with just a touch of flour. In terms of taste, these came out sort of halfway between paratha and a scallion pancake. They had a little bit of onion flavor, and a little bit of butter flavor. They did work for their intended purpose as bread with the curry. I would definitely buy them again.



Score: 4/5 - Flaky and crispy, these could use a little more onion flavor but were very very pleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment