Friday, March 8, 2013

Ponto Frozen Sweet Potato Pies

These frozen sweet potato pies are pretty good. I tend to bake them in the oven until crispy the flaky pastry crust gets a little brown. It's not super buttery, but it ends up crispy so I don't think I have to pan fry them or anything. I think I would like the crust a little softer and fluffier. The filling is definitely mashed sweet potato, and extends pretty far toward the edges, so all bites have that flavor. The filling is dry enough and spread thinly enough that it doesn't bleed out or make the layers separate, and I like that. It's pretty good plain, but also does well with sauces. Again, frozen from our local Kam Man.



Score: 4/5 - Good sweet potato flavor, pastry just OK. The crust sticks to the cooking surface no matter what and is messy to eat too.

No comments:

Post a Comment