Friday, March 1, 2013

Prime Food Vegetarian Bun

More frozen food from Kam Man! These Prime Food Vegetarian Buns are a good execution of the basic vegetable cabbage bun, with carrots and textured soy protein bits and a little bit of radish and ginger. The filling portion is generous, and it's a good balance of textured and soft. It's a little slippery, so you can lose a few bits of filling. I've had these with sauces and without, and it's tough to decide which I prefer. The flavor is light enough to be overpowered easily, but is a little plain for my tastes. Still, a good bun and complementary to a dim sum selection.



Score: 3.5/5 - Good. I don't think of them as exceptional buns, but really, these are pretty much the best version of the simple cabbage bun I've had. Texture good, flavor good.

No comments:

Post a Comment