Monday, May 6, 2013

Chen Hsiang Frozen Radish Cake

Radish cakes are one of those things that you usually only get in a restaurant, and usually in a restaurant they have shrimp bits in them and are served with "oyster" sauce. These ones I bought frozen at Kam Man. In a restaurant they would be cooked on a griddle, fried to crispiness on both sides and kinda pasty in the middle. Pan frying these on not too high heat gets the same effect. I had mine with vegetarian mushroom sauce; thick dark salty sauces are the way to go with these things. I enjoy this brand Chen Hsiang, but I have to admit that I haven't really seen another frozen version, which surprises me since they don't lose a lot in freezing.



Score: 4/5 - An overall satisfying radish cake. They're supposed to be like fried paste!

No comments:

Post a Comment