Sunday, March 23, 2014

Haioreum Korean Pancake with Corn

I bought these at H Mart, frozen. I wasn't sure what I was getting myself into, and I was pleasantly surprised. I followed the instructions on the box, and pan fried these with a little oil. As I was cooking them, I thought, "Mmm... smells like donuts..." This turned out to be the general gist. These cakes were basically a chewy sweet fried dough, with a mild sweet cinnamon filling. The dough was dense but springy, and the frying made a nice crust on the outside. The filling had some bits of softened peanut and perhaps red bean, not a lot. While I don't think those bits really added anything, I don't think they took anything away. As far as the corn part goes, I guess the dough could have been slightly corn flavored? It was certainly yellow in color! I did really like these, I would definitely buy these again, and now I am interested in looking for more of these Korean pancake style items. Definitely a pleasant surprise!



Score: 4/5 - Sweet fried dough with a cinnamon filling... Great chewy texture, mild pleasing flavor. Would buy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment