Wednesday, March 26, 2014

NanXiang Glutinous Rice Dumpling

These were a score from a recent trip to Kam Man. I was visiting a friend who just moved down to Jamaica Plain, and suggested we check out Kam Man, as it's the closest Asian market to her new place. They're doing renovations right now on what used to be the produce section, and they've switched the direction of the aisles and the positions of the checkout lines, so I was a little confused about where to find everything! To be fair, this market has changed hands several times since I started going. It's gone from being a Super 88, to a Hong Kong Supermarket, now to a Kam Man. Honestly, the products that they carry haven't changed significantly, but it seems like each management group has wanted to re-organize! I think the current setup actually is the best, and if they just widen the aisles slightly when they get the produce section back, it will be easy to navigate! I have hopes. They've already added a new cafe section so hopefully the renovated space will just be a new take on the produce section.

Anyway, these dumplings were bought frozen from Kam Man and I just threw them in a steamer, as per the instructions. I don't think I've ever bought anything else from this brand, NanXiang, before, but they had several products from this brand for sale. These glutinous rice dumplings were an offering I hadn't seen before, so I figured I'd go for it. These are simple, just rice wrapper dumplings filled with plain glutinous rice. The thing is, I like the flavor of glutinous rice. My sister commented that these were very plain, but that didn't bother me! I would happily have them again. And if they are too plain, just dip them in different sauces!



Score: 4/5 - Very simple but good, basically glutinous rice. I would buy them again!

No comments:

Post a Comment