Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Sonaco Vegetarian Spring Roll

It's been a while since I have been out of town for work a lot and running myself ragged in my personal life as well. But I still get to H Mart occasionally! These spring rolls were a recent pick-up, and the brand Sonaco is new to me. Overall, I would say these were pretty good spring rolls. The filling is a little pasty, but not dry. It's a got a little sweetness to it from the taro, but not enough to make these desert-y by any means. I like the texture because it's not stringy and doesn't try to escape, but has some vegetables like carrot and mushroom. The outer wrapper is good, too. It cooks up well in the toaster oven and ends up crispy but not tough or flaky. I would go with these again!



The downside was that the spring rolls were frozen pretty solid into a block. I cheated and microwaved them a bit so I could separate them, after trying and failing to butter-knife them apart. I was surprised that this didn't lead to shredding with the outer layers of the wrappers sticking together, they actually survived intact.



Score: 3.5/5 - Good filling, a blend of sweet and savory, and does well in my usual lazy toasting!

No comments:

Post a Comment