Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Red Diamond Hong Kong Style Dim Sum Preserved Vegetable & Bamboo Shoot Bun

These buns are from Kam Man. This is my first time buying them, though I've bought other buns in the Red Diamond Hong Kong Style series. The buns are on the smaller side, not as small as the Vegetarian Buns from my last post, but smallish. The filling is preserved vegetable and bamboo shoot, and the ingredients give no hint to what kind of vegetable that is! Probably in the Chinese list of ingredients it might specify. The vegetable has a slightly smokey taste, and is green and a little slippery. I believe it's preserved mustard greens. The flavor is good, so I wish I knew exactly! The bamboo shoot bits provide a little additional texture. The filling is a little slimy, but I would say in a good way? The dough is fine, and the ratio of dough to filling is good. I would probably get these again, even though Ross wasn't as enchanted as I was!



Score: 4/5 - Good bun, smoky preserved flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment