Thursday, April 17, 2014

Samlip Leek Dumpling

These are from H Mart, which honestly has the widest selection of vegetarian dumplings. Most of these are Korean-branded (from North America or from South Korea), while some are Chinese-branded, a few Japanese-branded. Many of the brands have multiple flavors of vegetarian dumpling. So far, these Samlip Leek Dumplings are the best! I've fried these, I've steamed these, and both ways they were great. The filling has little green pieces of chive and leek, and little soy protein chunks, the filling is chopped fine but not mushy. The flavor is that onion/leek flavor. The skins are on the thinner side, but held up well in all the cooking. They didn't fall apart when bitten and stood up to sauce dipping. These are great. I don't have any real complaints, I could nit-pick a little I guess; the flavor could be a little more exciting, but as is it's savory and anyone would go for it... These are on the buy-again list, and I bought another flavor of the same brand to try. I have high hopes!



Score: 4.5/5 - Best all around dumplings yet. On the smaller side, with a good filling, savory oniony flavor. Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment