Thursday, May 15, 2014

NanXiang Vegetable Mushroom Bun

These NanXiang Vegetable Mushroom Buns are from Kam Man. I bought these because I don't think I had seen the brand before. Kam Man's frozen goods selection kinda works that way, you find something you like and then it goes away and there's new stuff in it's place, and maybe eventually the old stuff comes back. You can never be sure in the frozen aisle. (The rest of the store is a little like that, but it's the most noticable in the freezer case!) These buns are a medium size, with a good filling to dough ratio. The filling has greens and actually noticeable pieces of mushroom, the flavor is good but plain. I had trouble keeping everything inside the bun, as these are larger chopped pieces without binder. I thought these were just OK, but Ross thought they were pretty good. I would consider buying them again, to fill that greens-tasting bun slot.



Score: 3.5/5 - Good but not amazing. Nice to have something that says "mushroom" on the package and has noticeable mushroom bites.

No comments:

Post a Comment