Friday, November 15, 2013

Doll Dim Sum Vegetarian Rice Roll

These Doll Dim Sum rice rolls were pretty good. I cooked them using the recommended microwave method on the package, adding a little water to the tray to enhance the steaming. The rice rolls themselves were just a little to tough and dry, even with me wetting them ahead of cooking. Not horrible, just not great. On the other hand, I really liked the filling. The various fungi mixed with a little carrot and whatnot had a good texture and weren't cooked down into mushy oblivion. The flavor is light. I would consider buying these again if better rice roll picks weren't available.



Score: 3.5/5 - I liked them enough, but not as much as the Amoy ones. The rice rolls were to dry in texture, but the filling was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment