Friday, November 1, 2013

Yessine Cooked Vegetable Dumpling

These dumplings came frozen from Reliable Market in Union Square. This is going to be my "local" Korean market now that I am up in Medford, I think. Despite being in Union Square, they have a parking lot, which is awesome. The frozen foods section didn't have many brands I recognized from the Kam Man; I will have to do a little more comparing to see if the brands are the same as at H Mart. Anyway, I've had these dumplings both pan fried and steamed over a hot pot, and they held together well both ways. These dumplings are full size and firmly filled. The filling is a pretty standard vegetable mix; cabbage, green onion, carrot, along with a little veggie protein and noodle bits. A little seasoning by way of garlic, ginger, and MSG. I like them, which is good considering that they come in a giant bag!



Score: 4/5 - I like these. I've had veggie dumplings that were a little better in dough texture, filling texture, or flavor, but not in across the board better. I am holding out for some more unique flavors, but these I will very likely get again.

No comments:

Post a Comment