Monday, November 4, 2013

Sura Vegetable Dumpling

These Sura Vegetable "Dumplings" are not dumplings, they're buns. I bought these at Reliable Market, frozen. When I opened the bag, I got a whiff of spicy pepper, which gave me hope. And it wasn't misplaced, they were pretty good buns! The filling is a little bit of everything. Cabbage, shiitake mushrooms, soy crumbles, carrots, onions, noodle bits. The flavor was good, and you could actually get different tastes in different bites. There's a little spiciness, with black pepper and a little hot red pepper. These are interesting for a vegetable bun!



These buns were a little pricey, but I would say worth it. The dough was on the soft side. Not a lot of filling, but it sticks in the bun, and is adequate to give the whole thing flavor. It is not overstuffed as in the illustration on the package... I will definitely buy these again.



Score: 4/5 - The added spices make these some of the best "vegetable" buns I've had. They aren't at the level of craveable where I could eat a whole meal of just these buns, but I will put one in my steamer every time until they run out and then buy more!

No comments:

Post a Comment