Saturday, November 23, 2013

Golden Fortune Seasoned Beancurd Pack

I am not sure how to categorize this Golden Fortune Seasoned Beancurd pack. It's definitely the kind of thing you just heat up and serve, not something you would use as an ingredient. I followed the directions on the package and microwaved it in its pouch, and ended up getting the "sauce" all over the microwave. It was a mess... That said, this was really really good. The tofu is the layered skin type, but it wasn't tough in texture. The plentiful thin sauce was on the sweeter side, it definitely had that great sweet and savory balance with the tofu. There was a hint of mustard in the sauce, it made me think a bit of Wellington sauce. I would definitely buy this again. And I bogarted the leftovers to take to work for lunch.



Score: 4.5/5 - A textured but soft tofu in a delicious sweet and savory sauce. I'm into it!

No comments:

Post a Comment