Sunday, December 15, 2013

Chef One Vegetable Egg Roll

These are another H Mart frozen aisle score. I am not sure if the brand, Chef One, is actually the same brand as previously reviewed Chef One products, the packaging looks significantly different to me. At any rate, these were OK egg rolls. The filling was pretty standard mixed vegetable filling, with lots of cabbage and carrot, with a good amount of texture to it. The shell was the disappointing part of this roll. I baked them in the oven (and this was one of the recommended cooking methods), where I watched them sort of vent steam, which I haven't seen before in a spring roll. The shell wasn't burnt, but it ended up crackly and brittle, with a sort of old fried dough taste. I'm sorry, I am just not that into it. They were well received overall, but I just wasn't into the shell.



Score: 3/5 - Not as good as others out there. The shell isn't to my taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment