Tuesday, December 10, 2013

ChoripDong Sweet Red Bean Bun

These red bean filled fishes were another H Mart score. I think I have perfected my technique for cooking these types of buns. I preheat them a little in the microwave, then into the toaster oven they go. These red bean ones are pretty much the same on the outside as the custard fish, but the red bean filling is firmer than the custard. The red bean filling is innocuous enough, not too sweet or anything, but I am just not that into it. It's a little too much firm filling, I feel like the red bean does better in fluffy buns or those cakes with buttery crusts, it was just too much in the thin fish waffle shell.



Score: 3/5 - I didn't love these, but they were alright. Splitting one between two people is enough. I give the custard fish an edge!

No comments:

Post a Comment