Monday, December 2, 2013

ChoripDong Handmade Dumpling (Kimchi)

So, after having these a few times, I think they are OK but not amazing. They are very similar in form and texture to these previously reviewed Korean vegetable dumplings. They were bought at H Mart in Burlington, frozen of course. So far I have been steaming them, but I am sure they would pan fry nicely as well. Ross likes these as much as those previous ones, but to me, the kimchi flavor is weak. There's a little bit of other stuff in there, other basic veggies, noodle bits, soy protein, just like in the other ones, but the kimchi doesn't add as much as I would like. Honestly, I think the flavor is fine, but I was disappointed that it wasn't so strong. They are probably as good as the previously profiled dumplings, but I just can't give them as high marks...



Score: 3.5/5 - Pretty nice in texture, a good size, and cook up well, but not much kimchi flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment