Saturday, January 4, 2014

ChoripDong Leek Dumpling Ravioli Saute

The same clip art style reappears! These dumplings are a little on the smaller side. They are that gyoza shape, rather than the folded and rolled style that many of the Korean dumplings seem to have. So far, i have been steaming them and that's been working out fine, but they might have more pep if I fried them. I find these just alright. The filling has some tiny bits of veggie protein, assorted cabbage and greens, but the "leek" is not a noticeable flavor. Honestly, these are generic veggie dumplings to me.



Score: 3/5 - Generic veggie dumplings. Totally edible, but not of note in any way.

2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog. Thank you for writing it to give insight on some of these products! About to start reading back through all the posts. My son and I really like the Haiorum Kimchee dumplings. We tried a couple of others, but those remain our favorite. I bought some Assi red bean buns yesterday for the first time. Almost bought some Royal Family mixed mochi, but didn't. They were red bean, peanut butter and sesame flavor, and I was really feeling the fruit mochi instead. Anyway, thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lizziebeth! I'm glad you and your son are enjoying the blog! There are so many foods, brands, and stores that getting some good dumplings can be really confusing. I am going to look for the Haioreum Kimchee dumplings on my next trip to H Mart. (I'm in the Boston area, we don't have Assi Market here, but H Mart carries that brand.) Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete